Trina Launches 5-GW US Solar Factory
- Trina Solar is building the largest single-site silicon solar panel factory in the US, creating 1,500 jobs and investing over $200 million. Producing Vertex modules with 210-mm wafers, the 1 million-sq-ft facility is set to come online in 2024. Be part of the US solar market revolution with Trina Solar's 25+ years of experience and 150 GW of modules shipped worldwide.
Trina Solar announced plans to build a 1 million-sq-ft solar panel factory in Wilmer, Texas with a 5 GW annual manufacturing capacity. The facility will produce the company's Vertex modules with 210-mm wafers and is set to come online in 2024. This is the largest single-site silicon solar panel manufacturing facility in the United States. The investment is estimated to be over $200 million and 1,500 jobs will be created. Trina Solar is creating an American manufacturing ecosystem to cater to the burgeoning U.S. solar market and will use American and European sourced polysilicon. With over 25 years in business and 150 GW of modules shipped globally, this factory further cements Trina Solar's position in the solar industry.
What is Trina Solar's Investment in US Factory?
- Trina Solar is investing over $200 million in its US factory.
- The new facility will be located in Wilmer, Texas and will have a 1 million-sq-ft manufacturing area.
- The solar panel factory will have an annual capacity of 5 GW and will use both American and European sourced polysilicon.
- The factory will produce Trina Solar's Vertex modules with 210-mm wafers and is expected to be completed in 2024.
- The new US solar panel factory will be the largest single-site silicon solar panel manufacturing facility in the United States.
- The US factory is expected to create 1,500 new jobs.