Sungrow to supply inverters for 200 MW of PV projects in Dubai, Egypt
- China’s Sungrow Power Supply Co Ltd (SHE:300274) on Tuesday announced two contracts to supply residential, commercial and industrial inverter solutions for projects in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt with a total capacity of 200 MW.
The company signed an agreement to deliver 100 MW to Dubai-based company Power n Sun, and another deal for the same capacity with ACO - Suntech Egypt. Sungrow is to supply the inverters for the projects in 2020.
The two contracts were signed at the Tenth World Future Energy Summit (WFES) in Abu Dhabi.
"We are continuing to expand the commitment to this dynamic market. What helps as well is the alliance with more distributors to extend opportunities to power more communities," said Alvin Shi, Sungrow's regional director for the Middle East.
Shi noted that Sungrow has supplied equipment for an 18-MW commercial rooftop array in the UAE and a 106-MW solar park in Oman, which is due to be commissioned soon.
- Indonesia: USD 2.6m Loan Powers Shizen JV's Rooftop Solar
- 90MW Brazilian Solar Projects Energized by Trina Solar
- BNDES: Investing in Brazil's 902MW Solar Complex
- SB Energy's $1.9B Solar Projects: Biden Tax Credits Boost US Manufacturing
- SB Energy Funds 1.3GW Solar Portfolio with IRA Domestic Content