Solaredge launches smart modules with integrated power optimizer in Europe
Sep 27, 2019 05:25 PM ET
- For its new offer, the Israeli inverter maker is using modules provided by a Tier 1 manufacturer. The products have a 12-year warranty and 25-year performance guarantee.
Solaredge has launched its “Smart Modules”, with integrated power optimizers, in Europe. The monocrystalline PERC modules for rooftop PV will be available with power outputs of 300, 305 and 310 watts.
The combination of module and inverters, the company claims, enables quick and easy installation. The system can be easily integrated into the manufacturer’s monitoring platform as the serial numbers on the module can be scanned, Solaredge added.
The manufacturer said a Bloomberg-listed Tier 1 module manufacturer would be its supplier. pv magazine has asked for the identity of the module manufacturer and for module prices in Europe. According to the Solaredge website, its panel supply partners are JA Solar, Axitec, Axsun, Luxor, Kyoto Solar and DMEGC.
The Solaredge Smart Modules have a 12-year product warranty and 25-year performance guarantee covering all components.
In Europe, Solaredge said, installers can purchase a complete solution, simplifying logistics and optimizing the warranty process.
Other benefits of the Smart Module, the company said, include rapid asset amortization, design flexibility, aesthetics and module-level performance monitoring in real time. The modules are also equipped with “SafeDC” safety technology.
- SEG Solar acquires Texas plant to house 2-GW module production
- New project by Dutch-German consortium to create simplified tandem solar modules for European market
- HJT Module of Huasun Himalaya Claims to Develop Efficiency Record
- Trina Solar and also Al-Raebi Ink 500 MW Agreement for Yemen Market
- Invenergy, Longi tie up in 5-GW photovoltaic panel manufacturing JV in Ohio
Solar Installers, Manufacturers