REC Silicon to reboot solar wafer production for next-door neighbor Violet Power
- Newly revealed Washington-based solar cell and also panel production venture Violet Power will certainly now have a residential silicon distributor with nextdoor REC Silicon. REC's Moses Lake silicon production facility has actually been out of compensation considering that 2018, yet with Violet Power establishing nearby as well as intending on 1 GW of manufacturing outcome, REC now had a considerable domestic purchaser.
Both facilities will develop a silicon ingot and also wafer solution for Violet Power's instant solar cell manufacturing requirements and also function to broaden residential capability for manufacturing of input materials required for other cyber-secure tidy power remedies making use of environment-friendly energy to produce sustainable, sensibly generated and highly affordable products for residential applications.
" We welcome Violet Power to Washington as well as expect a close collaboration in developing the detailed silicon-based supply chain for high modern technology options in the United States. The U.S. represents among the biggest and also fastest growing solar setup markets on the planet, developing substantial possibility for advanced residential manufacturing. We praise Violet Power for its management in entering the marketplace at this important time. Our collaboration will create hundreds of direct jobs and also multiply the indirect jobs related to solar, battery storage space and semi-conductor applications" claimed Tore Torvund, CEO and President of REC Silicon.
REC Silicon has actually already invested over $1.7 billion in Washington, in a plant employing its proprietary silane gas-based fluidized bed activator for granular polysilicon. Violet Power is expanding on an existing nearby facility, co-located with REC's Moses Lake plant to manufacture solar cells and modules, adding ingot and wafer production in time. Violet Power's first cell manufacturing will certainly begin sampling in the 2nd quarter of 2021 with 500 MW of solar cells, reaching 1 GW of capability by 2022 and scaling to 5 GW over the next 5 years.
" It is time to re-shore solar production to the United States. Our goal is to re-start, and re-vitalize U.S. production, bringing vital energy safety and security as well as resiliency to the U.S. REC Silicon is therefore a natural companion offered its long-lasting modern technology leadership. This collaboration safeguards domestic supply chain self-sufficiency and is the springboard for incredible brand-new job creation. The moment is now," claimed Desari Strader, Violet Energy's Chairwoman and also Founder.
REC Silicon recently signed up with a group of U.S. photovoltaic panel gamers to construct greater market understanding around exactly how solar supply chain decarbonization is creating solar panels with low embodied carbon to aid federal governments and companies satisfy aggressive sustainability objectives. The Ultra Low-Carbon Solar Alliance intends to develop and release a reputable methodology to enable companies to specify ultra-low carbon photovoltaic panels in projects
- First Solar safeguards 869MW Series 6 module supply deal for Texan projects
- JinkoSolar lands supply contract for Europe's largest bifacial solar farm yet
- Daqo polysilicon demand hit by 'significant rise' in ASPs
- Risen toasts 1.5 GW bifacial module supply deal
- European solar manufacturing is vital for continent to reach net absolutely no-- Capgemini