Nidec ASI giving EPC for 50MW Northern Ireland BESS project
- Nidec ASI, the Italy-based industrial options division of Japanese conglomerate Nidec Group, will give EPC solutions for a 50MW battery energy storage space system (BESS) project in North Ireland.
A statement initially covered by our sis site Solar energy Portal, the project is being established by SUSI Partners and will supply grid solutions for grid operators EIRGrid/SONI.
It is Nidec's second-big project in the UK this year. In March, capitalist Gore Street Capital chose it as turnkey systems and EPC service provider for 2 BESS projects in the UK, completing 129.8 MW, which are anticipated to get to commercial procedure in February 2023.
"This new project gives further confirmation of our management setting in Europe in the battery power storage space field. This latest order joins various other vital BESS projects in the pipeline in the European market, specifically in France, Italy and Portugal," stated Dominique Llonch, CEO of Nidec ASI and also chairman of Nidec Industrial Solutions, the bigger energy and also framework division of Nidec Group.
Gore Street, one of the biggest financiers in the UK BESS market through its power storage fund, saw its earnings grow 191% and EBITDA surge 704% in the year to 31 March, 2022. Average income per MW for its British assets boosted 68%. The business has recently internationalised with acquisitions in the United States as well as Germany, an action which Energy-Storage. information recently spoke with creator and chief executive officer Alex O'Cinneide about.
Nidec ASI asserts to be amongst the "leading 3 globe leaders" in the BESS options market with over 1.6 GWh set up across 9 markets in Europe as well as the Maldives. Nonetheless, research study firm IHS Markit placed it 9th in its 'Leading energy storage system integrators in 2021' checklist based upon both mounted and intended projects.
The firm constructs its BESS solutions at plants in Milan and Vincenza, Italy.
- Energy Vault to construct 220MWh of battery storage space projects for Jupiter Power in Texas and California
- SUSI Partners bags 100MW United States battery portfolio
- BlackRock to acquire Oz battery developer
- US firm picks up 200MWh battery storage space order
- Korsail Energy safeguards investment to support 2GW solar as well as storage pipe