Isagen to soon launch construction of 100-MW solar farm in Colombia
- Colombian power producer as well as merchant Isagen SA ESP will quickly begin constructing a 100-MW solar farm in Sabanalarga, a community in Colombia's department of Atlantico, the firm revealed in a press release last week.
Spain-based company Negratin will supply the engineering, purchase and construction (EPC) services, Isagen claimed. The Sabanalarga solar farm is expected to start operations in the second fifty percent of 2023.
The project concerned Isagen with a purchase. Early last year, the firm acquired the development from Spanish company Grupo Solaer for a concealed amount.
Isagen said that the Sabanalarga scheme is part of its development strategies, which last year totaled up to close to COP 1 trillion (USD 222.9/ EUR 224.9 m) of financial investments in wind and also solar projects.
- Statkraft lined up as green power provider for Czech manganese project
- Soltage starts 28-MW solar project on land owned by Cincinnati Zoo
- Voltalia signs 30-MW solar PPA with Leroy Merlin
- Spain's Enfinity Global to Acquire 400 MW Solar Projects in United States
- Energy Consultancy ABL Group to Assess 2 GW RE in South Africa