Indian Railways tenders 1 GW of ground-mount solar
- Designers have till Sept. 1 to bid for capacity along train tracks and also on company-owned land across a number of Indian states.
The Railway Energy Management Company Ltd, a joint endeavor of Indian Railways as well as design working as a consultant Rites Ltd, has welcomed bids for setting up 1 GW ground-mount solar power plants on railway land along the railway tracks.
The projects shall be granted through tariff-based affordable bidding process adhered to by reverse public auction. The Nodal Railway will authorize a power acquisition contract (PPA) with the effective prospective buyer for a period of 25 years.
The cumulative 1 GW capacity is dispersed in numerous state-wise packages used for honor. The bidder will make an application for state-wise complete MW solar capacity in bundles; bidding for component capacity of any bundle is not enabled.
The project ability in state-wise packages can be set up at numerous areas in a single state. A solitary tariff is to be priced quote by the bidder in its feedback for each and every plan state smart irrespective of the number of projects and also each project configuration.
Range of job
The developers' scope of work includes design, construct, financing, operation, long-- term upkeep and also transfer of assets for solar PV project as well as the supply of electrical power to Railways under long-lasting fixed-rate PPA.
Connectivity as well as long term accessibility (LTA) approximately the delivery factor at the State Transmission Utility/Railway Transmission system/traction substation is additionally the obligation of the solar power developer.
Both the solar cells and components used in the solar power projects need to be made in India. PV components need to be warranted for outcome wattage, which need to not be less than 90% at the end of 10 years and also 80% at the end of 25 years.
- Oklahoma State University group selected to receive a $750,000 grant from NASA
- Queensland to relocate away from coal with USD-40.9 bn green plan
- Linea Energy grabs 490-MWp Texas solar project from Horus
- Akuo energises 8.7-MWp floating solar park in France
- EIB provides EUR 200m for residential, SMEs solar projects in Brazil