Greenbacker buys Virginia solar, storage programmer
- US investment firm Greenbacker Capital Management is backing a pipe of solar and also energy storage projects developed by Richmond, Virginia-based Republic Energy Allies (CEP) in the house state.
Greenbacker Capital stated that it has bought CEP's subsidiary CEP Solar with an associated fund that purchases lasting framework companies.
GreenFront Energy Allies advised CEP on the bargain.
The funds will help the business to broaden as well as perform its pipe of projects in the Virginia renewables market, which is anticipated to balloon due in part by the 2020 passage of the Virginia Clean Economy Act.
As the US state starts to move towards the 100% clean energy objective by 2045, Virginia's regulated market alone is expected to obtain a minimum of 1 GW of solar power yearly for the following 15 years, Greenbacker said.
"We are thrilled to join pressures with the CEP team as we broaden our visibility throughout the Mid-Atlantic and also, particularly, in Virginia," claimed Benjamin Baker, Taking Care Of Director and also Principal of Greenbacker's affiliated fund.
"CEP is emblematic of what Greenbacker seeks in its partners: a top-tier management group with deep market understanding and also partnerships, running within an attractive, high-growth market like Virginia," Baker includes.
- Hungary's Terran to start sales of solar roofing tiles in Romania, Croatia in 2022
- Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust to focus on enhanced diversification after solid H1
- Moroccan solar-wind huge hybrid unveiled
- First Solar modules chose for 30 MW of PV systems in Poland
- Mercedes-Benz Gets 33% Stake in ACC Battery Project