Entergy chooses GridUnity software application to streamline dispersed power interconnection process
- GridUnity revealed that Entergy Services has chosen the company's cloud-based Interconnection Lifecycle Management software to streamline the interconnection process for distributed energy sources. Entergy supplies electrical power to about 3 million customers via 5 operating companies in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi as well as Texas.
GridUnity's platform was picked to streamline and also increase the procedure of adding dispersed energy resources including solar power as well as power storage to the grid. The GridUnity platform gives the flexibility as well as scalability to resolve the full lifecycle of the interconnection procedure and also will certainly make it possible for standard automation throughout all jurisdictions causing a consistent experience for Entergy's 5 utilities and their respective customers.
With the GridUnity tool, candidates obtain immediate, automated feedback if an access is incomplete, making certain all submitted applications satisfy established requirements. Entergy personnel will certainly now be able to assess as well as respond to submitted applications in less time than was formerly called for, offering advice throughout the remainder of the interconnection procedure. Use of the GridUnity device will certainly create a more transparent as well as near-real-time interconnection line, freeing Entergy's engineers and also other workers involved with the interconnection process to invest even more of their time dealing with the higher-value needs of customers.
" Over the past five years, through our deal with numerous energies, we have actually been able to refine our platform to perform notably better than heritage tools and procedures," claimed Brian Fitzsimons, Chief Executive Officer of GridUnity. "Our objective is to help relocate the market forward via technology advancement that enables boosted penetration of distributed power resources. The ability to streamline interconnection processes is just one of the keys that unlocks accessibility to the future of energy."
Transforming the experience for interconnection candidates, the GridUnity platform brings boosted efficiencies to Entergy's processes. Having access to ultramodern information assists ensure customers and also other stakeholders keep up to day on their interconnection status while Entergy staff can refine interconnection requests faster. The adoption of a single regular layout for submission of data and also supporting documentation likewise creates a predictable as well as repeatable experience for customers.
- Raptor Maps, GreenPowerMonitor combine expertise in solar software platforms
- KKR to invest USD 400m in Indian renewables platform Serentica
- Apple Makes Clean Energy Charging a Reality
- New platform targets public participation in solar projects in Germany
- Xendee microgrid style platform updates tools to mirror new ITC, PTC choices