Akuo, CIP to companion on 400-MW renewables growth in Indonesia
- French renewable power producer and also developer Akuo today announced a collaboration with Danish fund supervisor Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners P/S (CIP) for the advancement of more than 400 MW of renewable energy projects in Indonesia.
A joint venture has been created between Copenhagen Infrastructure New Markets Fund I (CI NMF) as well as Akuo's subsidiary PT Akuo Energy Indonesia that will create a first portfolio of onshore wind, solar and also run-of-river hydro projects amounting to over 400 MW. According to the announcement, this stands for some 4.5% of the added capability required for Indonesia to achieve its goal of 23% renewable resource by 2025.
Akuo co-founder and also chairman Eric Scotto said the Paris-based business has actually spent significantly in the Indonesian market recently and also has produced a skilled neighborhood group.
" Together with our just recently announced financial investment in India, this purchase shows considerable development versus CI NMF's investment strategy as well as underscores our capacity to finish investments despite continued COVID-19 driven uncertainty," commented Niels Holst, companion and also head of CI NMF
Last month, CIP claimed that with CI NMF it will certainly make a joint equity financial investment with the Indian system of Toronto-based renewables system Amp Energy in a first pipeline of 1.7 GWp of utility as well as industrial and industrial (C&I) renewable resource projects in India.
- Hungary's Terran to start sales of solar roofing tiles in Romania, Croatia in 2022
- Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust to focus on enhanced diversification after solid H1
- Moroccan solar-wind huge hybrid unveiled
- First Solar modules chose for 30 MW of PV systems in Poland
- Bosnia's ERS in talks with Hungary's Lugos Renewables for Trebinje PV plant construction