SunShare powers on Colorado's biggest neighborhood solar project
- SunShare finished commissioning its Uncompahgre Community Solar Garden, Colorado's largest neighborhood solar project to-date, completing simply over 5 MWdc. The Weld County-based solar array now generates clean, solar energy for 450 Colorado residences, Westminster city, as well as the Highlands Ranch Community Association.
It is the first 5-MW project to be developed after the 2019 Community Solar Gardens Modernization Act permitted larger gardens as well as gotten rid of geographic constraints for participation, enabling this yard to offer customers from 13 Colorado counties as well as 40 cities.
" It is amazing that 10 years after we developed the first open-market neighborhood solar yard in Colorado, our 22nd Colorado solar garden is now the largest in our home state as well as serves a lot more homeowners than any other community solar yard in Colorado's background," claimed David Amster-Olszewski, SunShare's CEO as well as creator. "I could not be more happy to energize this yard that is subscribed by my friends, next-door neighbors, participants of the SunShare group therefore lots of various other Colorado homeowners that were formerly not able to get involved due to size and geographical constraints."
Clients will certainly receive credit ratings on their utility costs for energy created by the garden, which was created by E Light Electric, a neighborhood Colorado contractor. SunShare will certainly possess as well as handle the community solar garden for its lifespan.
" E Light is so pleased to be a part of this industry, as well as we are thrilled to do our component to maintain Colorado environment-friendly," said David Wright, head of state of E Light Electric. "We like the community solar concept and the advantages it brings customers."
Denver-based SunShare has developed greater than 110 MWdc of area solar gardens as well as has signed up more than 13,000 property clients in both Colorado as well as Minnesota.
The Uncompahgre Community Solar Garden kicks off added community solar garden building for SunShare and also comes on the heels of the business winning 13 MW of capability in Xcel Energy's 2020 Solar Rewards Community RFP and Standard Offer Program. At least 7 MW of SunShare gardens are forecasted to find on-line mid-year, offering one more 1,200 residential homes, with building on extra projects beginning later on in the year.
- The Maldives Opens Pre-qualification For 11-14 MW Solar PV Tender
- Sungrow FPV sees strong potential for offshore floating solar
- BayWa r.e. companions Gresham House to repower 2nd solar site
- N. Macedonia inks contracts with Bulgaria's Solarpro, Turkey's Fortis for 100 MW solar park project
- FRV to develop solar-plus-storage plant in Australia