Solar to power California hydrogen manufacturing center
- Element Resources plans to construct and also operate a renewable hydrogen manufacturing center in the Lancaster, California, additional increasing the duo's relationship to build among California's biggest green hydrogen production centers. The project, located within Lancaster's city limits, is less than 100 miles from the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and also will provide end-users throughout greater Los Angeles.
Element Resources will certainly generate 20,000 lots of renewable hydrogen annually with its initial phase. This center will additionally be among the anchor projects in Lancaster's Eastside Overlay, which will be the site of the city's clean energy portfolio.
" The city of Lancaster is excited to expand our collaboration with Element Resources on the biggest renewable green hydrogen manufacturing project in the united state," stated Mayor R. Rex Parris. "Lancaster is developing a durable hydrogen manufacturing capacity to enable regional decarbonization. Our team believe districts can lead the battle versus environment change from all-time low up by unleashing businesses' ingenious capacities by removing barriers to market."
The facility, which is anticipated to begin commercial procedures in very early 2025, will utilize committed solar to power Element's electrolyzers to generate zero-emission, renewable hydrogen. The enhanced hydrogen production capacity will certainly serve the growing demand for clean mobility fuels as well as clean energy for production. The project will certainly develop about 250 jobs during the building and construction phase, as well as 36 long-term jobs.
" We delight in to be dealing with the city of Lancaster. They have an aggressive technique to energy transition that sets the stage for early procedures of the Lancaster Clean Energy Center, which is tactically located with access to highway and also rail transportation to key southern California markets," said Steve Meheen, Element Resources' CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER. "The opportunity with the city of Lancaster is nothing less than a Top quality Green Energy Center serving the Western United States as well as probably reaching into Asian Markets as well."
- HyCC awards Dutch hydrogen FEED contract
- LEAG, HH2E collaborate to build hydrogen economy in Germany
- Sumitomo, Colbun ink green ammonia MoU in Chile
- Unraveling the interfacial interactions of lead-free perovskite for efficient hydrogen manufacturing
- Financial Agreements Signed to Fund World's Largest Green Hydrogen Project in Neom