Sinopec introduces USD-835m green hydrogen demo in Inner Mongolia
Feb 22, 2023 03:44 PM ET
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (HKG:0386), much better known as Sinopec, recently held a releasing ceremony for a CNY-5.7- billion (USD 835m/EUR 779m) project which, it says, is "the globe's largest in the green hydrogen coal-chemical field."
The Inner Mongolia Erdos Wind-Solar Green Hydrogen Project will rely upon 450 MW of wind and 270 MW of solar power generation capacity to run electrolysers in order to generate 30,000 tonnes of green hydrogen annually. The project likewise consists of 288,000 cubic metres of hydrogen storage space capacity.
Along with green hydrogen, the plant will certainly also create oxygen for use in the carbon reduction campaigns of the adjacent ZTHC Energy extensive coal processing pilot facility in Erdos, Sinopec said in a statement.
The project is anticipated to cut carbon emission by 1.43 million tonnes each year and also to contribute CNY 600 million in GDP as well as CNY 30 million of tax.
- Irish green hydrogen could be Europe's cheapest in 2030, Aurora finds
- Oracle could bring Chinese companion to Pakistani green H2 project
- Green hydrogen to be generated at 1-GW wind, solar complex in Brazil
- Philadelphia Solar to supply 380 MW of PV panels for Texas H2 project
- Cespa forms Spanish green hydrogen partnership
Solar Installers, Manufacturers