Shell to construct green hydrogen project in the Netherlands
- Energy significant Shell will certainly start constructing a renewable hydrogen plant in the Netherlands that it said will be the largest project of its kind in Europe when operational in 2025.
Ready to be powered by an offshore wind farm partly had by Shell, the 200MW electrolyser will certainly be built in the port of Rotterdam as well as will generate as much as 60,000 kg of renewable hydrogen each day.
The hydrogen will supply a Shell refinery, where it will certainly replace some grey hydrogen use as well as partly decarbonise the production of gas, diesel and also jet fuel, according to the company.
"Renewable hydrogen will play an essential role in the energy system of the future and this project is a vital action in helping hydrogen fulfil that possible," stated Anna Mascolo, executive vice president of arising energy remedies at Shell.
The statement comes after the Netherlands' initial solar-powered green hydrogen project was finished previously this year, according to the partners behind the installment, electricity and also gas circulation network company Alliander as well as GroenLeven, a subsidiary of renewables developer BayWa r.e
That pilot project is being used by the 2 firms to discover just how solar-plus-hydrogen developments can alleviate grid blockage.
- Energy Vault to construct 220MWh of battery storage space projects for Jupiter Power in Texas and California
- SUSI Partners bags 100MW United States battery portfolio
- Canada, Germany All Set To Ink New Hydrogen Deal
- Europe's Green Hydrogen Rules Raise Costs for Industry
- BlackRock to acquire Oz battery developer