SEG Solar Acquires 2 GW solar module facility in Texas
- SEG Solar will certainly generate both TOPCON and also high-efficiency N type PV modules with 182mm as well as 210mm solar cells in Texas facility.
- The business's manufacturing at the Houston facility is anticipated to start in the first quarter of 2024.
California headquartered SEG Solar (SEG) has revealed that it has closed on the purchase of a production facility in Houston, Texas, U.S.A.. As per SEG Solar, this facility can generating greater than 2GW of photovoltaic (PV) modules each year.
SEG Solar said that the plant contains around 145,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space and 16,000 square feet of office space. The facility will certainly be outfitted with 3 production lines that will allow SEG to generate both TOPCON and high-efficiency N type PV modules with 182mm and 210mm solar cells.
SEG Solar also means to source some components for the modules created at the manufacturing facility from regional distributors. The manufacturing at the Houston facility of SEG Solar is anticipated to start in the initial quarter of 2024.
The accumulated total investment of SEG Solar in the facility is expected to reach over 60 million United States dollars including tools and facility enhancements. SEG Solar will certainly begin to move its international head office as well as management support features to the facility prior to the end of 2023. The plant is anticipated to produce as numerous as 500 new jobs in the local Houston location.
" SEG is excited to develop a manufacturing base in Texas and also is anticipating serving the US market with even more residential manufacturing," said Michael Eden, VP and also CLO, SEG Solar. "This facility will certainly aid to sustain reduced carbon, eco driven energy independence in the United States for future generations."
Founded in 2016, SEG is dedicated to offering affordable and reputable solar power services in the US market. By the end of 2024, SEG is anticipated to deliver greater than 2GW of PV modules every year.
Fast expansion of renewable resource in the U.S.A. is happening as a result of the Inflation Reduction Act or Biden measures.
American solar manufacturer CubicPV recently announced its plans to establish 10 GW of standard mono wafer capacity in the US. Likewise, PV Equipment (PVH) will certainly set up a big manufacturing unit in Texas to localise its products to provide for projects across North America and also the capacity of the new facility is expected to be 6 GW.
JA Solar also has actually rented space for its first production facility in the US in Phoenix of Arizona. 2 GW once it is totally useful. First Solar is coming up with a 2GW facility in Arizona.
- Trina Solar Unveils New n-type i-TOPCon Advanced Technology with 26% Efficiency
- Orsted commits to recycling solar panels
- Scientists demonstrate laser-driven control of fundamental motions of the lead halide perovskite atomic lattice
- LONGi announces perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cells with 31.8% efficiency
- Maxeon Solar achieves record efficiency of 24.7%, various other improvements