SEG Solar acquires Texas plant to house 2-GW module production
- Solar panel manufacturer SEG Solar has actually obtained a manufacturing center in Houston, Texas that will end up being a base for the manufacturing of more than 2 GW of photovoltaic (PV) modules every year.
The company's total investment in the plant includes its procurement, the purchase of equipment and specific enhancements. The overall needed sum for the campaign is expected to surpass USD 60 million (EUR 55.7 m), SEG Solar claimed on Monday.
The factory has about 145,000 square feet (13,470 square metres) of manufacturing as well as storage facility room as well as 16,000 square feet of office properties. It will certainly be geared up with three production lines that will certainly make N-type and Topcon PV modules with 182mm or 210mm solar cells. Components and various other materials required for the production process will certainly be sourced in your area.
The production site is expected to end up being operational in the very first quarter of following year.
SEG Solar, a spin-off of Jiangsu Seraphim Solar System Ltd, said it plans to relocate its head office as well as management support features from San Antonio to the Houston base prior to completion of the year.
Since September 2022, the company had actually supplied equipment for greater than 1.2 GW of energy, commercial and also domestic solar projects in the United States. SEG Solar's goal is to ship more than 2 GW of PV modules yearly by end-2024.
- Scientists demonstrate laser-driven control of fundamental motions of the lead halide perovskite atomic lattice
- Q Energy offloads Spanish solar portfolio
- Enlight inks 1st corp PPA in Israel with software huge Amdocs
- Covestro to purchase solar energy from Ørsted for site in Texas
- Solar Energy Structure to market 90-MW Spanish PV project trio