Programmer turns sod on Colombia PV project
- 12.3 MW Parque Solar Los Girasoles in Norte de Santander is expected to be commissioned in Q4 2022
MPC Energy Solutions (MPCES) has actually started building and construction of a 12MW solar project in Colombia.
MPC is investing $11m in Parque Solar Los Girasoles, which is anticipated to be commissioned in the 4th quarter of this year.
Trina supplied the project's photovoltaic panels and Huawei supplied the inverters.
Parque Solar Los Girasoles is located approximately Norte de Santander with well established city centres as well as transportation framework, which guarantees excellent conditions for building and also operation stages, said MPC.
The 12.3 MW solar project, will be developed with targets that in position to guarantee a balance in the number of man as well as female workers throughout the building and construction phase.
MPC chief executive Martin Vogt claimed: "Colombia has used renewable resource for decades and its Energy Plan 2050 lays out clear objectives to diversify the resources of the renewable energy it uses so that wind, solar and also various other options match its existing set up hydropower base.
" Today's ground-breaking at the Parque Solar Los Girasoles becomes part of our efforts to assist Colombia reduce carbon discharges, decentralise and also diversify energy generation."
- Duke Energy builds 1st utility-scale project in Florida county
- Erdgas Suedwest, partner strategy 6-MWp floating PV project in southern Germany
- Shell to make use of Inaccess monitoring for 100-MW Dutch wind-solar hybrid
- Comerc to acquire 28.5-MWp of solar DG power in Brazil
- Iraq prepares to construct 150 MW of solar parks in Al Anbar province