New York opens auction for 2 GW of large-scale renewables
- New York Governor Kathy Hochul on Wednesday introduced a tender for new large-scale renewable resource projects, targeting a minimum of 2 GW of capacity.
The competitive process is the US state's sixth solicitation for large-scale renewables. It is anticipated to assist in the development of new projects that are attended bring near USD 3 billion (EUR 3.05 bn) well worth of clean energy financial investments. The effort, held by the New York State Energy R & D Authority (NYSERDA), is in line with New York's target of 70% renewable electricity by 2030.
The solicitation is open to any kind of large-scale project that can be accredited as a Rate 1 renewable technology that have actually been brought online after January 1, 2015. Projects that are still in the jobs ought to have an appointing due date by May 2025, with an extension option to May 2028.
Tip One eligibility applications will certainly be accepted by November 16, 2022. Winners are due to be revealed in the spring of 2023.
"Renewable energy is the foundation of New York's sweeping technique to cleaning our electrical grid and also offers the industry a trusted course to take part our clean energy change for the benefit of all New Yorkers," Governor Hochul claimed.
When set up, the targeted capacity will certainly generate approximately 4.5 million MWh of power yearly, or sufficient to cover the intake of at least 600,000 New York homes.
- Statkraft lined up as green power provider for Czech manganese project
- Soltage starts 28-MW solar project on land owned by Cincinnati Zoo
- Voltalia signs 30-MW solar PPA with Leroy Merlin
- Spain's Enfinity Global to Acquire 400 MW Solar Projects in United States
- Energy Consultancy ABL Group to Assess 2 GW RE in South Africa