New platform targets public participation in solar projects in Germany
- German photovoltaics specialist IBC Solar AG has introduced an electronic platform to provide residents an opportunity to invest in solar projects.
The platform, established together with EUECO, will certainly provide information about projects and also their terms and will make it possible for interested residents to support efforts even with small financial investments, IBC Solar said on Thursday.
The very first project that is looking for public participation through the platform is the 6.5-MWp Schnaid solar scheme which will have an estimated annual output of concerning 7,000 MWh. The plant will be integrated in the district of Hallerndorf, Bavaria with building works intended to begin following summer.
Aside from Schnaid, two even more solar parks that will be monetarily supported by the public are being planned.
Discussing the launch of the platform, IBC Solar's chief executive Udo Moehrstedt said: "By offering the opportunity to take part in an economically intriguing solar product, we have a possibility to increase the approval of solar projects amongst the population."
- KKR to invest USD 400m in Indian renewables platform Serentica
- Apple Makes Clean Energy Charging a Reality
- Xendee microgrid style platform updates tools to mirror new ITC, PTC choices
- Entergy chooses GridUnity software application to streamline dispersed power interconnection process
- PanelClaw launches clawOS flat roofing PV structural design software