Matrix Renewables to buy 150 MW of Spanish PV in 1-GW partnership
- Madrid-based platform Matrix Renewables, produced by property supervisor TPG, on Monday claimed it has actually become part of a collaboration with Spanish renewables developer Rolwind to create a 1-GW pipeline.
Matrix Renewables claimed it will initially invest in a 150-MW photovoltaic (PV) portfolio consisting of 3 projects situated in Huelva province. There is room for these projects to co-locate energy storage.
No more information was given about the rest of the pipe or the nature of the collaboration with Rolwind.
Ground-breaking on the 3 projects in Huelva is set for late summer season of 2021, while power generation is expected to start in June 2022. The plants will operate under a power acquisition agreement (PPA) with an unnamed off-taker.
As soon as the investment is shut, Matrix Renewables will enhance the size of its Spanish portfolio to 275 MW of ready-to-build as well as late-stage development projects. The company said it has strategies to proceed intensifying its portfolio throughout the Iberian Peninsula.
- Grenergy eyeing EU solar expansion following REPowerEU plan
- Hanwha Group to invest US$ 3.3 bn in clean power over next 5 years, wanting to develop solar R&D hub in South Korea
- Nextracker signs 1.5 GW tracker supply handle Silicon Ranch
- French renewables firm CNR launches new unit to establish 1GWp of solar by 2030
- Bluefield Solar gets 80MW BESS for ₤ 4.5 million