Georgia Power introduces brand-new Customer-Connected Solar Program
- Program aids grow renewable resource in Georgia and broadens the state's diverse power sources to benefit clients
Georgia Power remains to expand renewable energy in Georgia via its new Customer-Connected Solar Program (CCSP), a 25-megawatt (MW) Distributed Generation customer-sited program. Dealing with the Georgia Public Service Commission on the program style, the Commissioners gave their approval in May 2020.
" We are delighted to supply programs that aid renewable resource expand as well as grow in Georgia," stated Wilson Mallard, supervisor of Renewable Development for Georgia Power. "This program will certainly offer a brand-new renewable resource choice for taking part consumers, while also benefitting every one of our consumers by continuing to expand our state's diverse power generation sources."
Georgia Power will certainly buy 100% of the solar energy created by directly paying the customer. Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) will certainly be retired by Georgia Power in behalf of participating consumers, permitting the client to declare the renewable benefits of the neighborhood solar energy.
The CCSP program will accept applications on a first-come, first-served basis till the 25 MW AC profile is filled, or up until January 2022, whichever comes first. Clients can select arrangement terms in between 10 as well as 30 years and projects can be sized from 1 kW approximately 3 MW (A/C). The ordinary price varieties from 4.3-6.7 cents/kWh. Discover other essential details concerning Georgia Power's new Customer-Connected Solar Program at www.GeorgiaPower.com/CustomerConnectedSolar.
Community Solar and Simple Solar Programs
The business likewise urges customers who are not eligible to participate in CCSP to take into consideration added eco-friendly programs such as Georgia Power Community Solar and Simple Solar. Neighborhood Solar offers household consumers who subscribe the chance to gain an energy credit score on their costs based upon real solar power manufacturing at Georgia Power's Community Solar centers. The Simple Solar program is a solar REC acquisition program readily available to all clients that allow participants to declare solar benefits for either 50 percent or 100 percent of their power usage.
Renewable Resource Growth
Through programs and projects created in sychronisation with the PSC, Georgia Power is dedicated to maintaining a varied generation portfolio while providing all clients with renewable energy options. With greater than 1,625 MW * of solar capacity currently online, the firm remains to have one of the most extensive volunteer eco-friendly portfolio in the country. Through proceeded development of CCSP, as well as various other solar projects and also programs, Georgia Power expects to amount to 1,400 MW * of added sustainable ability by the end of 2021.
* REC Disclaimer: Georgia Power purchases only the void energy outcome from some sustainable generating centers that have actually contracted to offer that power to Georgia Power. Possession of the connected RECs is specified in each corresponding power purchase agreement. The event that has the RECs keeps the right to utilize them.
- Safeguard responsibility on solar cell imports expanded by a year
- Ukraine's legislation on FIT restructuring has passed: The specialist sight
- Brazil removes import tasks for cells, modules, inverters as well as trackers
- Haiti addresses power shortages with 130 MW of PV capability
- DGTR Recommends Continuation of Safeguard Duty on Solar Cells