Elgin Energy to progress with 49.9 MW solar farm
- Elgin Energy to progress with 49.9 MW solar farm
Found in Nottinghamshire, the South Wheatley solar farm has a capability of 49.9 MW and also was approved preparation authorization on 26 August 2020.
The site is to have sheep grazing in between the panels, with Elgin specifying the farm will certainly offset 20,000 tonnes of carbon emissions.
The farm is just one of several brand-new announcements made by Elgin as of late, having introduced the growth of a 38MW website in Northamptonshire in September.
It additionally mounted Ireland's first bifacial solar farm at a test site on a dairy farm in Skeoughvosteen, Co. Kilkenny. Panel producer LONGi and also inverter manufacturer SolarEdge also added to the project, with Irish renewable business Enerpower mounting the modules and associated equipment.
Elgin has actually also formed a joint venture with the Foresight Group to establish 200MW of UK solar, with a target of 6 projects situated in England, Wales as well as Scotland.
- Green Lantern Solar sets up 150-kW ground-mount solar project for Vermont market
- Albania to release auction for 100 MW solar PV park in Spitalles
- ACWA Power's Bokpoort Concentrated Solar Power plant breaks African record
- Allianz takes advantage of 'attractive' UK solar possession prices as it markets 99MW portfolio to Greencoa
- Artha Energy Commences Expansion Work on Rooftop Solar Plant in Aurangabad