Electric Trailers: Tesla Alums Shake Up RVing
- This new breed of electric travel trailer is set to hit the market in 2024. Developed by ex-Tesla and Apple staff, the trailer features long-lasting batteries, solar panels, and autonomous hitch capability. Perfect for remote work, energy backup, and camping, these trailers range from $109k to $151k. Get ready to hit the road and go off the grid.
Electric travel trailers, designed by ex-Tesla and Apple staff, are set to hit the market in late 2024. They feature powerful batteries and solar panels, allowing them to run off the grid for days. They could also be used to power stationary homes during a blackout or supply power to the grid. Prices range from $109,000 to $151,500, depending on features. The vehicles are geared towards younger buyers and are designed to offer a more mobile home office and energy backup. They also feature an autonomous hitch feature, giving the driver a break from the onerous task of backing the trailer into a campsite.
Can Electric Travel Trailers With Solar Power Change Camping?
- Solar power makes electric travel trailers more sustainable, reducing the environmental impact of camping.
- Electric travel trailers are designed to run for days off the grid, making them perfect for remote camping or off-grid living.
- They are outfitted with powerful batteries and solar panels, allowing them to run on renewable energy.
- The autonomous hitch feature makes it easier to back the trailer into a campsite, saving time and effort.
- Electric travel trailers are designed to double as a mobile home office, providing users with the ability to work remotely while enjoying the outdoors.
- They are also capable of providing power to the grid in the event of a blackout, making them perfect for emergency situations.
- Prices range from $109,000 to $151,500, depending on the features and customizations.