EDPR bags 209-MW solar PPA in Brazil
- Portuguese renewable energy company EDP Renovaveis SA (ELI: EDPR) has actually secured a power purchase contract (PPA) connected to the result of the 209-MW Monte Verde solar PV project it plans to build in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Norte.
In a protections declaring published today, EDPR stated the new PPA, obtained through Brazilian device EDPR Renovaveis Brasil SA, would run for 15 years.
The name of the off-taker was not disclosed.
The Monte Verde plant is expected to start generating power in 2024. The project will certainly be a 50/50 investment in between EDPR and EDP Energias do Brasil SA (BVMF: ENBR3), which supervises Brazilian procedures for Portuguese energy titan EDP SA (ELI: EDP).
With the latest PPA secured, the Madrid-based EDPR claims it has actually currently safeguarded contracts for 2.7 GW worth of solar ability and 7.4 GW of overall capability for the 2021-2025 period.
- Masdar, EDF Renewables and partners eye 1.2 GW of solar in Indonesia for power exports to Singapore
- PowerMarket, SunRaise flip turn on big Maine community solar project
- Verde Solutions to install 370-kW bifacial solar project for Illinois producer
- Standard Solar acquires 2.9-MW community PV park in Maryland
- Statkraft, Better Energy ink 36-MW solar PPA for zero-subsidy Polish project