Construction work starts on 48-MW solar project in Portugal
- Aquila Clean Energy, a unit of German investment company Aquila Capital, introduced today it has actually commenced the construction of a 48-MW solar energy plant in Portugal's main region of Coimbra.
Situated in the church of Cernache, the Barcos solar farm is scheduled to be up and running in 2024.
As soon as full, Aquila estimates the new facility will certainly be able to produce 71 GWh of clean electrical energy each year, enough to meet the need of 21,000 neighborhood residences.
Manuel Fonseca e Silva, the head of Development as well as Construction at Aquila Clean Energy in Portugal, kept in mind that this project will certainly also have a local heritage and also biodiversity preservation component, with the conservation of existing shepherds' shelters in the area as well as intense monitoring.
Presently, Aquila Clean Energy has 900 MW of solar capacity in Portugal, both in operation as well as under development, while likewise intending to begin on a more 330 MW of solar this year alone.
- EDF, French town of Saumur cut ribbon on 11.3-MWp solar projet
- Tata Power Renewable Energy settles 110-MW solar project in India
- Statkraft to get power from 40-MWp solar plant in Portugal
- Octopus to create Queensland's biggest hybrid renewable park
- German industry org requires separate tender for agri-PV