China's Power Batteries Production & Installed Capacity Decline in January
- China's production and installed capacity of power batteries fell on a monthly as well as annual basis for the very first time in January
China's production and also mounted capacity of power batteries fell on a month-to-month as well as annual basis for the first time in January as new power vehicle sales slowed. The nation produced concerning 28.2 GWh of power batteries last month, a 5 per cent year-on-year decrease and regarding 46 percent lower than in December, according to a recent report from the China Automotive Battery Innovative Alliance. The Installed capacity of the month likewise slid by 0.3 per cent from the very same period last year and also 55 percent the previous month to 16.1 GWh.
After 13 years of incentivising the industry, the Chinese federal government discontinued the subsidies for clean power vehicles by the end of 2022 which affected China's NEV sector just recently. According to figures from the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, the country produced 425,000 units and also sold 408,000 last month, down 6.9 per cent and 6.3 per cent, specifically, from a year earlier.
The current depression comes against the rapid growth the power battery industry clocked last year. According to CABIA numbers, the battery output rose 149 percent to 545.9 GWh in 2022 from the previous year, as the mounted capacity leapt 91 percent to 294.6 GWh.
By mounted capacity, the battery huge Contemporary Amperex Modern technology continued its touch of leading the marketplace with 7.2 GWh in January and had a market share of 44 per cent. Nonetheless, BYD seems to be catching up as the CATL's lead over the second-ranked BYD is tightening. BYD saw its market share rise to 34 percent from 20.9 percent in the same month last year.
The yearly growth projection is additionally expected to come down this year. About 9 million NEVs are anticipated to be marketed in China this year, a 30 per cent boost from 2022. Comparatively, the annual growth rate was greater for 2022, which clocked a yearly development of 93 percent over 2021 numbers, according to the CAAM.
- Birch Creek purchases United States solar, storage space platform with 5-GW pipeline
- EnerVenue to build 1-GWh manufacturing facility for metal-hydrogen battery systems in Kentucky
- Agilitas Energy Acquires Texas Energy Storage Systems Portfolio for $75 Million
- Nextracker to Supply 810 MW Solar Trackers to United States Solar & Storage Projects
- New electrolyte enables high efficiency of secure, sustainable zinc batteries