Bluefield fund acquires 93MW UK solar, wind portfolio
- A total amount of 15 PV and also 4 onshore projects have actually been purchased
Bluefield Solar Income Fund (BSIF) has acquired an over 93MW solar as well as wind portfolio in the UK.
The new solar and wind portfolio is BSIF's biggest acquisition to date.
It consists of 15 solar plants with an overall installed capacity of 64.9 MW as well as 4 wind farms with an incorporated capacity of 28.3 MW.
No details of the price or the seller were exposed.
The deal is the third acquisition of operational properties BSIF has actually made in the last 12 months.
The acquisition was financed by a new ₤ 200m revolving credit facility provided by RBSi and also Santander UK which has re-financed existing arrangements as well as sustains the groups ambitious development strategies.
BSIF chair John Rennocks, claimed the firm remains to assess "a solid pipeline of chances throughout both primary and also second markets".
BSIF was advised by law firm Burges Salmon.
The Burges Salmon group working on the offer was led by partners Jonathan Eves (business) and Victoria Allsopp (financial and also money), together with associates Bethan Penrhyn-Jones as well as Luke Addison, elderly associates Peter Dunn and Chris Herford and also solicitors Benjamin Edwards and also Harrison Folland, all from the company's energy group.
- Grenergy eyeing EU solar expansion following REPowerEU plan
- Hanwha Group to invest US$ 3.3 bn in clean power over next 5 years, wanting to develop solar R&D hub in South Korea
- Nextracker signs 1.5 GW tracker supply handle Silicon Ranch
- French renewables firm CNR launches new unit to establish 1GWp of solar by 2030
- Bluefield Solar gets 80MW BESS for ₤ 4.5 million