Axpo inks 50-MW solar PPA in Spain with Berry Global
- United States plastic product packaging provider Berry Global Inc (NYSE: BERY) will certainly be the power off-taker of a 50-MW solar park in Spain under a power acquisition contract (PPA) with Madrid-based electrical power merchant Axpo Iberia SL.
The agreement has a 10-year term as well as will certainly see Berry Global get power supplies at a set price, the Iberian system of Swiss utility Axpo Holding AG stated on Tuesday. The agreement is part of the US company's promise for a 25% reduction in its carbon footprint by 2025, as contrasted to 2019 levels.
Under the deal, Berry Global's Spanish factories will certainly be provided with power from a solar (PV) plant that will be set up as part of the 626-MW Trillo solar facility in Guadalajara. The project is being executed by Spanish designer Solaria Energia y Medio Ambiente SA (BME: SLR).
The 50-MW solar ranch will certainly go online by the end of this year. It will certainly make it possible for Berry Global to lower its carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in Spain by around 20,000 tonnes every year.
Since the start of 2021, Axpo Iberia has secured long-lasting PPAs for over 7 TWh of power from renewable energy sources, it kept in mind.
- The Maldives Opens Pre-qualification For 11-14 MW Solar PV Tender
- Sungrow FPV sees strong potential for offshore floating solar
- BayWa r.e. companions Gresham House to repower 2nd solar site
- N. Macedonia inks contracts with Bulgaria's Solarpro, Turkey's Fortis for 100 MW solar park project
- FRV to develop solar-plus-storage plant in Australia