Aquila Capital inks PPA with Alpiq for 50 MW of Spanish solar
- German possession manager Aquila Capital Investmentgesellschaft mbH has actually signed a power acquisition arrangement (PPA) with Swiss power manufacturer and investor Alpiq to unload electrical energy from its nearly-completed 50-MW solar farm in Spain.
The five-year agreement will certainly start running in the summer season of 2021 and will cover the manufacturing from Aquila Capital's La Cabrita solar farm in Almeria, southern Spain, the celebrations said Thursday.
The plant results from be linked to the grid as well as commence procedure in the third quarter of 2021. La Cabrita's expected yearly output is estimated at 87 GWh.
The La Cabrita project is part of Aquila Capital's portfolio in Spain worth 2.3 GW, according to the launch.
"This is the 2nd long-lasting power acquisition arrangement that we have checked in Spain and also we continue to work to shut even more contracts with this kind of commercialisation as we believe they have a very attractive scheme, both for us as well as for the customer," Marcos Dominguez, Director Power Markets Iberia at Aquila Capital, stated in the declaration.
Previously this year, Aquila Capital closed a PPA with Norwegian energy firm Statkraft AS for the result of the 50-MW Albeniz solar project, also situated in Almeria.
- United States House representatives sign up with chorus of opposition to solar AD/CVD proceedings
- APG, OMERS to collectively purchase Dutch solar developer Groendus
- KGAL takes stake in Italian renewables player
- KKR getting RE company ContourGlobal for ₤ 1.75 billion
- iSun cuts guidance as module procurement struggles cause project delays