Agilitas Energy acquires New England energy storage project programmer
- Renewable energy designer Agilitas Energy introduced it has actually gotten Boston-based New England Battery Storage (NEBS), a private energy storage developer concentrated on utility-scale battery-based projects. The acquisition includes 2 functional ISO-New England vendor energy storage systems and also one front-of-the-meter battery system in Maine amounting to 25 MWh.
In Maine, two projects in the Community of Madison were appointed as the initial constant storage systems in Maine as well as being one of the initial as well as largest systems in New England. The project in the Town of Rumford, a 4.99-MW, 10-MWh front-of-the-meter battery, introduced commercial operations today. It will take part in the ISO-NE wholesale marketplace and has actually certified as a capacity source in FCA # 15.
This procurement notes Agilitas Energy's expansion right into energy storage operations, consisting of joining the ISO-New England day-ahead as well as real-time energy markets, operating reserve markets, regularity policy market, as well as the forward capacity market. One of the systems is additionally a peak-load reducer for a local electric company while participating in the ISO-New England's wholesale marketplace.
NEBS will be combined with the existing Agilitas Energy company. Jeff Perry, CEO as well as President of NEBS, will certainly end up being Vice President, Asset Management at Agilitas Energy. "Agilitas Energy is plainly becoming a sector leader and also we are thrilled to join them. The NEBS team brings to Agilitas Energy proven energy storage operating experience plus market leadership in Maine as they remain to build out their platform of solar and also energy storage sites throughout the Northeast," Jeff said. The procurement makes Agilitas Energy the largest incorporated solar and storage developer/operator in the Northeast.
"Energy storage is accelerating the shift to tidy energy by making it possible for intermittent energy resources like solar and wind to be stored up until they are required on the grid. We are thrilled to have the experience and also experience of the NEBS team across our whole venture, which is important as we create hundreds of megawatts of storage projects," stated Barrett Bilotta, President of Agilitas Energy.
- FRV to develop solar-plus-storage plant in Australia
- Australia's H2 Trade May be Worth US$ 90 billion in 2050: WoodMac
- Falck to get 60% of Italian power storage firm
- Rio Tinto studies eco-friendly hydrogen potential in Australia
- Researchers uncover how oxygen loss saps a lithium-ion battery's voltage