Yingli Solar begins ramp of brand-new 5GW module facility
- Yingli Solar has actually started the first phase of production at its brand-new 5GW high-efficiency module assembly site in Tianjin, China.
The center will certainly create PERC single-glass, double-glass as well as dispersed all-black modules, with power outputs of as much as 660W as well as module performances upwards of 21%.
Last year, Yingli undertook a significant restructuring procedure, after making cumulative annual losses of US$ 2 billion from 2014-2018. It announced a new board of supervisors and also management team and also converted previous financial obligations to equity, with the local government financial investment system adding US$ 312.8 million.
At the time, PV Tech obtained unique insight into Yingli's strategies, with CFO Yiyu Wang stating that the business required to dramatically increase its module capability to keep up with its manufacturer rivals who were all adding capability at a far higher price.
In 2020, Yingli shipped 2GW of modules worldwide. In the following two years, it hopes to increase that figure to 15GW through investments in manufacturing innovations.
- India's PLI solar manufacturing scheme obtains 55GW of bids
- First Solar modules chose for 30 MW of PV systems in Poland
- Neoen to get rid of 11-MWp solar-CSP bundle in France
- Solarwatt opens 300 MWp photovoltaic panel manufacturing facility in Dresden
- Triple Solar reveals brand-new photovoltaic thermal panel for heat-pump homes