Volvo Group Expedites Work To Set Up Battery Manufacturing Plant In Sweden
- A substantial site localization research has actually been done, which suggests that the Skaraborg area in Sweden is an optimal location for the plant.
- The Volvo Group plans to progressively raise capacity as well as reach large-scale series production by 2030.
The Volvo Group has introduced that it has actually started the process to develop a large-scale production plant for battery cells in Sweden. This is aimed at fulfilling the expanding demand for battery electric heavy-duty vehicles and makers.
Martin Lundstedt, President and also Chief Executive Officer of the Volvo Group, discussed the advancement, "We aim to lead the change to a decarbonized transportation system and have the long-term ambition to supply our customers solutions that are 100% fossil free. There is a strong demand from our consumers currently today, as well as by 2030, it is our ambition that at the very least 35% of the items we sell are electrical."
The chief executive officer additionally said that the solid demand will require "large volumes of high-performing batteries," created making use of fossil free power and also it is "a sensible next step" for the company to consist of battery production in the future commercial impact. He stated that the Volvo Group intends to do this together with companions and the journey begins currently.
Volvo further added that an extensive site localization study has actually exposed that the Skaraborg area in Sweden creates an excellent site for the plant. The proposed location in the municipality of Mariestad remains in proximity to the Volvo Group's existing main powertrain plant in Skovde. It will stand to gain from the region's existing commercial and also logistics infrastructure and also improve a strong heritage and also world-class skills in sophisticated, high-volume production, while having accessibility to Sweden's rich supply of fossil free power.
The Volvo Group is wanting to slowly augment capacity while additionally obtaining large-scale series production by 2030. The battery cells will be made particularly for commercial vehicle applications, sustaining the global roll-out of electric trucks, buses, building devices as well as electric drivelines for different applications.
Volvo claimed that the establishment of the production site is subject to authorizations from authorities. The last localization will certainly comply with public examination. The operations are subject to environmental permit authorizations.
- Energy Vault to construct 220MWh of battery storage space projects for Jupiter Power in Texas and California
- SUSI Partners bags 100MW United States battery portfolio
- Risen Energy's Hyper-ion HJT solar module series certified by TÜV SÜD
- BlackRock to acquire Oz battery developer
- US firm picks up 200MWh battery storage space order