Voltalia breaks ground on 50.6-MW solar cluster in Portugal
- France's Voltalia SA (EPA: VLTSA) today said it has launched the building and construction of five solar projects in Portugal that will include 50.6 MW of overall power generation capacity.
The portfolio contains five systems that will develop the Garrido photovoltaic (PV) cluster. Particularly, these are the 23.8-MW Alcochete, the 11.8-MW Pinhal Novo, the 11.4-MW Antuzede, the 2.4-MW Vale Serrao and also 1.2-MW Oliveira de Frades projects.
Once in operation, the 5 solar parks will create electrical power that will certainly be sold under lasting power acquisition agreements (PPAs) with business partners. Voltalia estimates that the combined outcome of the plants will help reduce more than 46,600 tonnes of co2 (CO2) discharges each year.
"Against the backdrop of energy cost tensions in Europe, the launch of new project building in Portugal sustains the production of renewable and also competitive electrical power," stated CEO Sebastien Clerc. He highlighted that the nation's initiatives to lift the share of renewables in its overall energy intake have actually led to a share of over 65%.
The French renewable power producer has 71 MW of assets in Portugal, either in operation or unfinished. It is also servicing the growth of a 33-MW drifting solar project near the Cabril dam in Serta, which it protected in a residential tender in April.
- Lightsource bp makes progress with 260-MWp solar project in Portugal
- OMV Petrom, CE Oltenia to develop 450 MW of Romanian solar parks
- US-Based ReneSola Power Acquires 50 MWp Solar Farm in UK
- Aukera obtains 1000MW of German solar projects
- CGN Brasil, SAM, Minas Gerais govt strategy 800 MW solar project