Vesper signs Texas PV power play with Pfizer
- Virtual PPA for 310MW of the 500MW Hornet solar project will meet pharma giant's The United States and Canada power requires
North American renewables programmer Vesper Energy has entered into a virtual power purchase contract (VPPA) with Pfizer for 310MW of solar capacity.
The energy will be created from Vesper's 500MW Hornet Solar project in west Texas, which will be totally functional by the end of 2023.
The 15-year contract covers 100% of the projected power requirements of Pfizer's North American procedures through clean solar power.
" We are proud to companion with Pfizer as it takes a major step in minimizing the carbon footprint of its North American procedures as well as reaching carbon neutrality," stated Vesper Energy CEO Craig Carson.
" Vesper's Hornet Solar project is a strong example of exactly how we put high-grade sustainable infrastructure to work to fix our consumers' energy difficulties, while making meaningful payments to the higher sustainability movement."
- Prefabricated solar tech firm 5B protects ARENA grant, launches AU$ 33m innovation programme
- Enel Green Power acquires 610MW of Soltec trackers for projects in Peru as well as Colombia
- TrinaTracker takes aim at Middle East PV market with launch of brand-new 1P tracker product
- Masdar, EDF Renewables and partners eye 1.2 GW of solar in Indonesia for power exports to Singapore
- Standard Solar acquires 2.9-MW community PV park in Maryland