UK installs 545MW solar in 2020
- Around 60% of new ability came from ground-mounted PV systems, claims Solar Energy UK
In 2020 the UK mounted 545MW of brand-new solar photovoltaic or pv capability, according to evaluation by Solar Energy UK, a 27% year-on-year boost compared with 2019.
The brand-new capability enhancements took the UK's advancing installed capacity to 13.9 GW at the end of last year, virtually 500W higher than existing Government-released numbers, stated the association.
Around 60% of brand-new capacity in 2020 came from ground-mounted PV systems, the rest from roof business as well as commercial and also household sectors.
In April 2020, solar hit a new all-time optimal generation document of 9.68 GW, while in May 2020 solar supplied 11% of all electricity.
Solar Energy UK chief executive Chris Hewett claimed: "These numbers show that the federal government is playing catch-up in its understanding of the stamina of the UK's solar energy industry.
" Solar energy will certainly allow individuals across the country to benefit from clean, inexpensive power for their houses and innovation, such as electric cars."
Solar power UK assembled the data with Solar Media.
- RE2 Robotics obtains $1.9 million in DOE financing for automated photovoltaic panel placement on utility-scale projects
- US ROUND-UP: EDF indications second PPA for Texas project, Exelon separates utility & affordable energy company
- Masdar looks to extend renewables placement in 'crucial market' Southeast Asia
- Daqo to provide 41,000 MT of polysilicon to leading 210mm wafer producer TZS
- ANPIER urges Spanish authorities to curb building of mega-solar projects