Trina Solar intends 10GW module assembly plant in Yancheng
- ' Solar Module Super League' (SMSL) member Trina Solar is to develop a 10GW large-area, high-efficiency PV module assembly plant at the Yancheng Economic and Technological Development Zone, north of Shanghai.
Trina Solar claimed that the 10GW facility would certainly cost around RMB2.5 billion (US$ 386 million) as well as take two years to build and also commission.
The SMSL producer had currently revealed plans late last year to develop an 8.5 GW solar cell plant in Yancheng at an expense of RMB3 billion (US$ 459.4 million), although timelines were not validated.
Numerous other major upgrade and expansion strategies were additionally announced by the company for manufacturing procedures in Yancheng in 2020, including 10GW of solar cell capability for its 210mm wafer-based modules.
Trina Solar is expected to report at the end of March yearly 2020 operating income of roughly RMB25.5 billion (US$ 4.57 billion), a 26.5% increase from the prior year duration.
Net earnings is expected to around RMB1.23 billion (US$ 185.4 million), a rise of 92.25% over the previous year.
PV module deliveries are approximated to be approximately 15GW for 2020
- Trina Solar premieres dual-row, single-axis solar tracker system
- Meyer Burger starting heterojunction solar module shipments in July
- Secrecy and Abuse Insurance claims Haunt China's Solar Factories in Xinjiang
- Canadian Solar begins automation of 665-W, large-cell modules
- LONGi protects module supply offer for 190MW of projects in Malaysia