TotalEnergies to install rooftop solar array at Yanmar engine factory in India
- Yanmar Engine Manufacturing India Pvt Ltd (YEMI), the Indian unit of Japanese engine producer Yanmar, has actually participated in a lasting solar power contract with French multi-energy group TotalEnergies SE (EPA: TTE) involving a 1-MWp rooftop solar installation.
TotalEnergies will certainly install as well as operate a solar (PV) system of over 2,200 photovoltaic panels on top of an industrial engine manufacturing facility. The system will certainly generate some 1,500 MWh of electricity each year.
The outcome of the system is expected to meet 30% of the plant's demands, with YEMI paying for the clean electricity for a 20-year period, without making any upfront investments, TotalEnergies claimed.
"With this financial investment, we continue Yanmar's goal to become aware a sustainable future with accessibility to powerful, extremely efficient, and also economical engine modern technologies as well as applying systems that can make optimum use of diverse energy sources to minimize the burden on the environment," said Varun Khanna, Managing Director YEMI.
- Banco Santander, Holaluz to promote self-consumption solar in Spain
- Mitsui Fudosan to install 2.6-MW roof solar system in Japan
- With 2GW Solar Power Plans, FRV Enters Germany
- AlphaStruxure to build country's biggest airport terminal roof solar array
- Pivot Energy to install nine even more solar projects on Extra Space Storage centers