Total Eren, Visolar launch 100-MW PV project in Dominican Republic

Oct 6, 2022 11:00 AM ET
  • Paris-based independent power producer (IPP) Total Eren claimed on Thursday that it has begun developing a 100-MW (AC) solar PV farm in the Dominican Republic together with a neighborhood partner.

In March 2022, Total Eren signed a shareholders arrangement to define possession over the project, called Villarpando. The IPP has a 51% stake in it, while its companion, Dominican entity Visolar Holding SA, holds the remaining 49%, Total Eren said.

The Villarpando project, situated in Azua province, will require a financial investment of around USD 120 million (EUR 121.4 m). The plant will certainly run under a 15-year power purchase contract (PPA) with Dominican state-owned power distributor Edesur Dominicana SA.

Total Eren expects the solar farm to create some 200 GWh per year.

Villarpando is the French firm's first project in the Dominican Republic.

Visolar is an investment vehicle of Caribbean-based financial team JMMB Sustainable Energy Fund FES and Dominican diversified holding Grupo Pais.

Solar Installers, Manufacturers