Tongwei to open up brand-new 30 GW cell fab in Sichuan
- Building of the $2.87 billion manufacturing facility is arranged to begin in March and also production task must be introduced in 2021.
Chinese solar battery manufacturer Tongwei has actually introduced it is intending a 30 GW solar battery production center near Chengdu, in Jintang County in the southwestern Chinese district of Sichuan.
The firm stated the manufacturing facility will certainly set you back around RMB20 billion ($2.87 billion). Building and construction is slated to start in March with manufacturing task anticipated in 2021.
The solar maker did not expose information of what kind of cells would certainly be generated at the center.
Tongwei increased its yearly cell production ability from 6 GW to 12 GW at the end of in 2014 by increasing manufacturing at its websites in the eastern district of Hefei-- where it additionally has 1 GW of solar module assembly line-- as well as at its existing Chengdu center.
In June, Tongwei obtained a 30% risk in Longi Green Energy Technology's 15 GW monocrystalline wafer manufacturing facility in northwestern China's Ningxia area by trading it for an equivalent share in its crystalline silicon manufacturing facility in Inner Mongolia, according to the team's chairman.
Tongwei was generating 80,000 lots of polysilicon at the end of December.
- 1Komma5 poised to save Meyer Burger's German module plant
- Pahal Solar's Gujarat Factory to Double PV Module Capacity
- Slovakia and Sekisui Chemical Partner to Revolutionize Solar Technology
- Qcells and SOLARCYCLE Join Forces to Create Circular Solar Economy
- US Solar Manufacturer CubicPV Abandons 10GW Plant Amidst Collapsing Prices