Tongwei Solar's Meishan solar cell production base becomes biggest on the planet
- Major polysilicon as well as solar cell manufacturer Tongwei Team has begun ramping the final cell lines at its 15GW Meishen manufacturing hub in Sichuan Province, with the center currently the largest single site for solar manufacturing worldwide
Found in Ganmei Industrial Zone, Meishan, its subsidiary Tongwei Solar began building and construction of the very first phase 7.5 GW plant in March 2019 to house 16 fully-closed intelligent high-performance solar cell assembly line. Phase 1 went into production in April 2020.
At the end of February, 2021 Tongwei Solar generated the very first solar cells in its neighbouring Phase II growth of the very same capacity and also size, making it the biggest solar cell operating hub on the planet.
Nevertheless, in February 2020 Tongwei Solar likewise introduced plans for a new solar cell manufacturing hub in Jintang Region, Chengdu which would certainly be integrated in four phases over 3 to five years and also would certainly have a nameplate ability of 30GW.
The Jintang Phase I (7.5 GW) began building on 25 February 2020 and also is expected to generate a series of cells, consisting of p-type mono PERC+, N-type mono TOPCon as well as Heterojunction solar cells.
- Trina Solar premieres dual-row, single-axis solar tracker system
- Meyer Burger starting heterojunction solar module shipments in July
- Secrecy and Abuse Insurance claims Haunt China's Solar Factories in Xinjiang
- Canadian Solar begins automation of 665-W, large-cell modules
- LONGi protects module supply offer for 190MW of projects in Malaysia