Swedish Solar Cell Manufacturer Midsummer Signs LOIs to Deliver 224 MW Solar Panels
- Swedish manufacturer of thin film CIGS solar cells, Midsummer has actually announced the signing of letters of intent (LOI) with 6 Swedish and foreign company partners for an overall of 107 MW of photovoltaic panels.
- With the release of 224 MW of solar cells today and also previously revealed agreements with roofing system product and also structure organizations in Italy, there are now 13 offtake agreements in position, amounting to greater than 400 MW of photovoltaic panels.
Swedish supplier of thin film CIGS (copper indium gallium selenide) solar cells, Midsummer has actually revealed the signing of letters of intent (LOI) with 6 Swedish as well as foreign service partners for an overall of 107 MW of photovoltaic panels. With the release of 224 MW of solar cells as well as previously announced agreements with roof as well as building companies in Italy, there are now 13 offtake agreements in place, completing more than 400 MW of photovoltaic panels. Besides making the cells, Midsummer also markets the equipment to various other makers for thin film solar cells. These have applications mostly on roofs, fashioned as roof covering tiles as well as more.
According to Midsummer CEO Sven Lindström, "Many significant industry firms in Europe are lining up for our products as they see a considerable need for our stealthy as well as environmentally friendly thin film panels. The signing of these offtake agreements is part of our planned strategy to ensure the sale of our goods as we boost our manufacturing capacity."
In comparison to the company's annual production capacity of 2 MW at the existing Swedish manufacturing facility and also 50 MW at the Italian factory in Bari, which is expected to start production in 2023, the signed LOIs equate to 406 MW of solar panels to be provided over the following 3 to six years.
Additionally, Midsummer plans to construct a new factory in Sweden with a capacity for 20 MW of production originally and also 200 MW every year later. By 2030, the long-lasting purpose is to contend least 1,000 MW of annual production capacity, which asks for building numerous new mega-factories all over Europe.
With inside created, cutting-edge equipment, Midsummer makes thin-film solar cells. After decades of experience as a maker of specialized production lines, photovoltaic panels, and also solar roofings, the firm owns the entire value chain, and also the innovation, processes, and also organizations are commercially verified.
Midsummer's CIGS solar cells don't need silicon, aluminum frames, or glass encapsulation, and also when integrated with reliable material use, production, and also setup, create the most environmentally friendly technique of power generation currently being used, with a carbon impact that is only one-tenth that of silicon panels, says the company.
Last year in November (2021 ), Midsummer obtained incentives of roughly EUR38 million in the form of grants and soft fundings. Midsummer made use of that motivations amount in developing a factory and also commencing manufacturing lightweight, eco-friendly thin film solar roofings in Bari, Italy, for the worldwide market.
- Poland's Unimot raises PV panels output 3-fold to 45 MW
- Linton to manufacture silicon equipment for photovoltaic panel makers within the United States
- Vertically placed solar system Sunzaun hits market
- Recom to introduce Panther series of solar modules to united state market at Intersolar
- Kontrolmatik's Pomega Breaks Ground in South Carolina on 3-GWh Lithium Battery Plant