SUSI takes risk in United States solar-storage player
- Encore Renewable Energy is a Vermont-based developer which has a decade-long track record
SUSI Partners via its main equity fund has actually taken a managing equity risk in a United States solar and battery developer.
SUSI Energy Transition Fund (SETF) has made an investment in Encore Renewable Energy, a developer and operator of utility-scale solar and also battery storage assets.
Based in Vermont and also active throughout north-east US, Encore has been originating, establishing, and also constructing top quality clean energy projects for greater than a decade.
The investment in Encore increases SETF's diversified as well as growing portfolio, which covers investments from renewable energy production over energy efficiency to energy storage as well as integrated client energy remedies in Europe, the United States, Chile and Australia.
As a certified B Corporation, Encore places a strong focus on lasting development, environmental compatibility, and community engagement, which matches SUSI's sustainability requirements.
For SUSI's SETF, it is the 2nd investment in the US after the procurement of a 100MW portfolio of front-of-the-meter battery storage space projects in South Texas introduced last August, which gets on track to be fully functional prior to the summer.
Offered the continued deployment progression through the existing systems as well as further attractive near-term investment opportunities in the pipe, SUSI is aiming to further broaden SETF's funding base in 2023.
- Indonesia: USD 2.6m Loan Powers Shizen JV's Rooftop Solar
- 90MW Brazilian Solar Projects Energized by Trina Solar
- BNDES: Investing in Brazil's 902MW Solar Complex
- SB Energy's $1.9B Solar Projects: Biden Tax Credits Boost US Manufacturing
- SB Energy Funds 1.3GW Solar Portfolio with IRA Domestic Content