SunPower launches VPP in three US states as it looks for to enhance residential solar offering
- United States solar installer SunPower has released its ConnectedSolutions virtual power plant (VPP), allowing SunVault battery energy storage system (BESS) consumers in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut to make "thousands of dollars a year" for allowing utility access to their saved power during peak need.
Through its VPP, the California-based business will certainly collaborate the charge as well as discharge of participating customers' SunVault BESS. It will share electrical energy with the local utility while scheduling sufficient backup power for house usage.
Consumers will look out before release and can pick to decline, or pre-set their system so their personal backup does not fall listed below a specific degree.
" With battery storage space, property owners obtain energy self-reliance and also control for their house, also as blackouts and also power shut-offs boost," claimed Peter Faricy, Chief Executive Officer of SunPower.
" Currently with the SunPower VPP, our customers can pick to participate in programs that will certainly assist secure the grid for their area while all at once countering the expense of their system. People as well as utilities interacting to provide reliable as well as renewable energy is the future of the grid."
Signed up clients with SunVault storage systems will certainly be able to take part in their local utilities' VPP 'period', running from June to September each year. SunVault's lithium iron phosphate system comes in 13kWh as well as 26kWh sizes and also is readily available across the country.
SunPower has actually been aiming to expand its residential solar service as it looks for to decrease supply chain prices and increases its reach. It acquired competing residential solar company Blue Raven in October in a deal worth US$ 165 million.
At the start of this month, SunPower devalued its full year 2021 income assistance, indicating delays in its business and commercial projects organization, and also it is discovering "critical choices" to its business and also industrial remedies (CIS) device.
- Statkraft lined up as green power provider for Czech manganese project
- Centrica to develop 50-MW/100-MWh battery at former gas-powered station
- Smart Power, SMA Solar constructing 67-MWh battery in central Germany
- Wartsila to supply 20 MW of energy storage to Grand Cayman utility
- California's 485-MW Blythe solar facility gets to full power