Sterling and Wilson Wins Solar Plus Battery Storage Contract
- Sterling and Wilson has actually announced that its HES department has signed an EPC agreement to construct a solar plus battery storage crossbreed nuclear power plant in Niger.
Sterling and Wilson, among the leading design, purchase and building (EPC) business in India, has actually revealed that its Hybrid & Energy Storage division (HES) has authorized an EPC contract to build a Solar PV Battery Storage and Diesel Genset based hybrid nuclear power plant in Agadez, Niger, in West Africa.
The project contract has actually been authorized by Sterling and Wilson in a consortium collaboration with French EPC firm Vergnet as well as SNS Niger.
The project will certainly consist of the appointing of an 18.9 MWp solar power plant together with an 11.55 MWh/ 3.0 MVA battery power storage space system (BESS), and a 6.54 MVA (2.18 x 3 MVA) diesel generator with 20 kV substation & emptying line up to the Nigelec Substation in Agadez. The project was tendered by the Nigerian Electricity Company (NIGELEC) and also the consortium will certainly be responsible for a two-year operation and also maintenance (O&M) service of the nuclear power plant.
" The project additionally includes the rehabilitation of the electric network of Agadez and also the electrification of the adjoining hamlet of Tibinitene," the business said in a statement.
Deepak Thakur, CEO-- Hybrid & Energy Storage, Sterling and also Wilson said, "we are very delighted to have actually safeguarded one more prominent opportunity in Africa after effectively appointing Nigeria's very first solar storage crossbreed nuclear power plant, which is also Africa's biggest battery power storage space system. Hybrid energy options is a huge possibility as several power generation as well as distribution firms in position like Africa are moving right into renewables."
"As one of the leading turnkey EPC solution companies worldwide, with project monitoring, engineering as well as distribution competence of over 11 GW of diversified power offerings across locations, together with our consortium companions, we are devoted to supplying this project well on-time, totally following the strict high quality and also security standards," he included.
The consortium will additionally provide project monitoring aid and institutional support to train engineers as well as technicians of Nigelec in photovoltaic technologies to enable them to run large-scale solar energy plants in the short term and also to make certain smooth performance of the plant even after two years.
- United States utility-scale power storage designer GlidePath register for battery reusing partnership
- Direct Energy Organization to use some of globe's most significant battery projects to offer California clients
- Arkansas defense manufacturing business flips switch on 2.4-MW solar + storage space project
- Hanwha Energy protects large-scale solar-plus-storage project in Hawaii
- Highest possible SEG tariff launched as Tesla Energy Plan increased to solar and also Powerwall systems