SPI Energy to get 6.5-MW solar-plus-storage project in Massachusetts
- Hong Kong-based SPI Energy Co Ltd (NASDAQ: SPI) has actually consented to get a 6.5-MW neighborhood solar photovoltaic or pv (PV) project combined with 5.45 MWh of storage space in Massachusetts.
The renewable energy firm claimed today it will certainly get the MA Lovers Lane project from a third-party developer via its subsidiary SPI Solar Inc
Scheduled to end up being operational in 2022, the project will market power under the Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target (SMART) program.
The purchase marks SPI Energy's initial PV-plus-storage project in the United States and also expands its service right into Massachusetts. Once the project is finished, the firm will certainly have area solar offerings in Oregon and also Massachusetts.
SPI Energy chief executive Xiaofeng Peng stated the expansion right into Massachusetts shows that "SPI's prepare for development is remaining to be implemented with PV, storage space and neighborhood solar in utility-scale projects."
- The Maldives Opens Pre-qualification For 11-14 MW Solar PV Tender
- Sungrow FPV sees strong potential for offshore floating solar
- Canada seeks disagreement settlement over 'baseless' United States solar trade tariffs
- JinkoSolar, JA Solar align top priority polysilicon supply with Xinte deal
- Australian eco-friendly hydrogen hub blocked by federal government