Spain's Valfortec suggests agri-eco solar project in Mallorca
- Spanish solar programmer Valfortec on Thursday presented it plan for a project on the island of Mallorca that will combine 39.9 MW of solar power generation, an eco park and also agricultural activities.
The Es Rafalot project will certainly take over a number of plots of land in the Spanish island's town of Bunyola. Of the overall of 100 hectares (247.1 acres) that Valfortec prepares to utilize, 32 hectares will be dedicated to the solar farm.
The business stated that it intends to integrate landscape and agriculture on the staying 68 hectares. These plots will certainly be made use of for sheep grazing, a food forest hacienda, beekeeping and the preservation of the native animal as well as plant.
Es Rafalot is Valfortec's second solar project in Mallorca, following the connection of a 3.7-MW solar farm on the island. According to the firm, the government leaders of the Balearic Islands as well as the Mallorca local leadership expressed support for the solar ecological project.
- EDF, French town of Saumur cut ribbon on 11.3-MWp solar projet
- Tata Power Renewable Energy settles 110-MW solar project in India
- Statkraft to get power from 40-MWp solar plant in Portugal
- Octopus to create Queensland's biggest hybrid renewable park
- German industry org requires separate tender for agri-PV