Spain's Naturgy gets firm with 12.6-GW solar, storage space portfolio in US
- Spanish power and gas energy Naturgy Energy Group SA (BME: NTGY) has made a financial investment launching in the United States after getting a business that holds a portfolio of 8 GW worth of solar as well as 4.6 GW of co-located power storage projects across 9 US states.
Naturgy purchased a 100% risk in solar and storage space platform Hamel Renewables LLC in a purchase valued at USD 57 million (EUR 47m) as well as introduced a strategy to invest as much as USD 1.8 billion to have 1.6 GW of Hamel's solar projects up and running in 2025.
The procurement offer is more seasoned with a five-year exclusivity advancement contract that Naturgy signed with Candela Renewables, an independent programmer founded by previous First Solar Inc (NASDAQ: FSLR) executives.
Solar as well as storage-focused Candela has actually developed several of the projects in the Hamel portfolio, the business added.
The Hamel pipe has 25 projects, 3.2 GW of solar and also 2 GW of storage space, that can start procedure before 2026. Naturgy will spread its billion dollar-plus investment over a five-year duration, while maintaining the option to create the rest of the acquired pipeline by 2030, the business said.
- Avaada Gets Decision From MERC for 250 MW Solar Project with MSEDCL
- Fortum to develop biggest solar farm in Russia
- RE2 Robotics obtains $1.9 million in DOE financing for automated photovoltaic panel placement on utility-scale projects
- Bridgestone Americas tire plant currently powered by 2-MW ground-mounted solar project
- US ROUND-UP: EDF indications second PPA for Texas project, Exelon separates utility & affordable energy company