Solar wafer, cell price walkings underscore new polysilicon pricing volatility
- Recent solar wafer and cell cost increases from both LONGi Solar and also Tongwei, which have actually seen prices rise by in between 5.6-- 7.7%, have highlighted heightened volatility in the solar supply chain.
Recently LONGi Solar announced an increase in the cost of its solar wafers across the board. Costs for its 166mm M6 as well as 182mm M10 wafers are to enhance by 6.8% on prices from last month, the complete details of which are below.
|14 September Price
|11 October Price
The relocation followed a similar rate walking from solar cell producer Tongwei, which last week exposed its cell rates for the month of October were up by as much as 7.7% on September's costs. The complete details of Tongwei's price walking are listed below.
Product, component and component prices have actually soared in the past fortnight after Chinese authorities enforced limitations on power consumption as well as manufacturing operations in the wake of a recurring power and coal dilemma in the country. Factory exercise prices have actually dropped as a result, and a currently unstable duration for the solar value chain has come to be even harder to navigate.
- 1Komma5 poised to save Meyer Burger's German module plant
- Pahal Solar's Gujarat Factory to Double PV Module Capacity
- Slovakia and Sekisui Chemical Partner to Revolutionize Solar Technology
- Qcells and SOLARCYCLE Join Forces to Create Circular Solar Economy
- US Solar Manufacturer CubicPV Abandons 10GW Plant Amidst Collapsing Prices