Solar module manufacturer SEG increases production in Cambodia to 500 MW
- California-based SEG Solar Inc stated on Thursday that it has actually increased the annual manufacturing ability for its SEG 540W+ 182mm modules at its site in Cambodia to 500 MW and is getting ready to start manufacturing this month.
The focus of the factory in Cambodia will be to satisfy the growing solar market needs of The United States and Canada as well as SEG Solar anticipates to deliver the first set of modules to the United States by the end of the year.
"With this capability growth, we've additional reinforced our long-lasting supply chain and stand prepared to satisfy the increasing demand of the US market," said Jim Wood, Chief Executive Officer of SEG Solar. He added that the company anticipates its production in Cambodia to lead to a decrease in equilibrium of system (BOS), tax obligation as well as delivery costs. This, consequently, would certainly conserve USD 0.01 (EUR 0.0086) to USD 0.02 per watt cost at the system level.
SEG anticipates delivering over 2 GW of items annually by the end of 2023.
- REC Solar introduces fifth generation of TwinPeak modules
- Daqo New Energy wins five-year polysilicon supply deal in China
- LONGi hits 26.81% effectiveness for HJT solar cells
- America will certainly begin producing silicon solar cells for first time in half a decade
- First Solar indicators 4.9 GW deal for modules