Solar boom in Serbia: more than 100 MW of solar energy plants on roof coverings
- The use of solar power for the production of power is taking hold in Serbia. In the last few months, households as well as companies have actually set up around 360 roof photovoltaic power plants with a total capacity of 5.7 MW while an additional 100 MW is in the treatment.
Rooftop solar power plants set up by houses and also companies in Serbia were a rarity until a few months ago, however the adoption of a proper governing framework enabled citizens to produce green energy for self-consumption.
Natalija Luković, Assistant Minister of Mining as well as Energy, kept in mind the adoption of the Law on Renewable Energy Sources, which enabled citizens as well as organizations to come to be prosumers, was started by her ministry.
She claimed the new law enables citizens and also firms to join the energy change. Treatments have been simplified, so it is no longer essential to take 20 actions, yet just two for customers to authorize contracts with supply business EPS Snabdevanje, Luković explained at a panel discussion called "(Un)made use of possibility of Serbia in renewable energy," organized by Beta news agency together with the European Climate Foundation.
Serbia currently has greater than 370 registered prosumers with a total capacity 5.7 MW, as well as one more 100 MW in the process of linking to the grid, which is taken care of by DSO Elektrodistribucija Srbije, said Luković.
In her words, a solar boom is occurring in Serbia, which is why the Ministry is preparing adjustments to the Decree on the Criteria, Conditions, and Method of Billing Between Prosumers as well as Suppliers. The intention is to more streamline all the actions for connecting to the network.
- ACC turns on 3-MW roof solar system for Chinese beverage company
- Decom Solar decommissions rooftop solar project influenced by Hurricane Ian
- Helexia to install 9.1-MWp of PV arrays atop Spanish hypermarket stores
- Coro Energy in speak to buy 3.25-MW rooftop solar portfolio in Vietnam
- TotalEnergies completes 5-MWp rooftop solar system in Indonesia